Getting bored indoor? Want to try making something creative? There are endless options if you have the time and eagerness to try out making new things. Presented below are myriad arts and craft ideas for teenagers.
You are looking for indoor activities on a rainy day. Your room has turned dull and boring and you want to decorate it your way. You wish to save your pocket money and can't spend, but wish to learn a new fun activity to do with your friends. A simple solutionfor all these is arts and crafts!
There are simply countless creative objects you can make with things found at home, in very little time, and without losing interest.
Photo on Wood
We all love having pictures and posters on our bedroom wall. But using frames or stick-in posters is so passé! Why not adorn your bedroom wall with a picture directly embossed on wood? How to do it? Here are easy step-by-step instructions:
Things you'll need:
Picture of your choice
Fabric transfer paper
Smooth wooden sheet
1. Before you begin, make sure the size of the picture and the wooden sheet match each other. 2. Sand the wooden sheet with a sander until smooth. 3. Using an inkjet printer, print a mirror image of the picture you wish to use on a fabric paper. Place the printed picture (image-side-down) on the wooden sheet. Make sure there are no creases.
4. Place the printed picture on the wooden sheet ensuring there are no creases. 5. Start pressing on top of the paper using iron, applying pressure and heat evenly. Do this for a couple of minutes. 6. After 2-3 minutes, lift some portion of the corner to check if the image is transferred. 7. If it is done, lift the paper slowly and take it off completely.
8. Your wooden frame is ready! Once you master the basic technique, you can try making picture frames, coasters, gift articles, and other decorative wooden objects with different pictures.
This is an easy craft idea to transform your old, dull sneakers into something new and unique! All you need is a pair of sneakers (preferable in white or black color) and paint (acrylic or fabric).
1. First, clean the sneakers that you wish to remodel. 2. You can either have a rough design printed on a paper as a reference and practice on a paper, or start right away in case you are accustomed to drawing and painting.
3. Now, using a pencil, make a rough outline of the design or pattern that you wish to make. 4. Next, using fabric colors, color on the shoes. Let the paint dry overnight.
Your personalized customized decorative sneakers are ready to use!
Some More Craft Ideas
Here are some more interesting craft ideas to try at home. You can use the ideas as they are or improvise on the same according to your creativity.
Crafts for teens can be made of paper, wood, beads, etc. You need not buy raw material. A simple pine cone, colorful paper, paper napkins, beads, colorful thread, cotton, old socks, etc. can be put into use to make a decorative article.
Crafts For Different Occasions
You wish to decorate your apartment, hostel room for Christmas or Halloween, but don't have enough cash to spare. Then, use your artistic and creative skills to make your own decorations for Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Crafts to Make and Sell
Your friends envy the beautiful beaded jewelry that you have made, scented candles that adorn your room, and request you to make some more. You oblige, they are impressed. Use these ideas to make a holiday business of making money with your art.
Remember apart from the fun and enjoyment you have, learning a new art always helps; you will experience the happiness of creating something beautiful, which cannot be explained. If you try out these ideas, you'll find out soon enough! Good luck!