How to Make an Attractive and Handy Duct Tape Purse
Apr 14, 2019
Bored with your old purses? Try making one yourself! Read on for instructions on how to make a duct tape purse.
Being one of the strongest adhesive tapes, duct tape has a number of uses. Apart from its use in construction and home improvement, it is one of the most versatile materials used in arts and crafts.
This flexible, waterproof tape comes in an array of colors to fit any type of craft project. There are also different patterns available which can be mixed and matched for a greater effect.
Duct tape can be used for making all kinds of articles: from dresses to accessories, and from flowers to wallets and purses.
Purses made out of this readily available material with different patterns and designs are easily available in the market, but how about making one yourself? It is simple and easy, and requires only a very few inexpensive and readily available materials.
How to Make a Duct Tape Purse
Colored duct tape
Scissors or craft knife
Cardboard or tagboard
1. Cut the cardboard or tagboard into five pieces - two large sides, two small sides, and the bottom of the purse. Dimensions of the sides depend on how big you want your purse to be. Make sure that the sides match properly and fit exactly with the bottom.
2. Cover each piece of cardboard entirely with duct tape. Make sure that the tape is flat and there are no creases or air bubbles. Cover the cardboard piece fully without leaving any gaps. 3. Trim off the excess tape overhanging the edges. Cut a long piece of the tape and run it along the entire perimeter of all the sides.
4. Place the side pieces on the bottom and assemble your purse. Now, carefully tape them together one by one. When all the sides are taped to the bottom, it resembles a box, which constitutes the main part of the purse.
5. Now, you need to make a strap for your purse. Cut two strips of tape of the length you want your strap to be. Then place the two pieces together leaving about ¼ inch of sticky side offset on either side.
6. Fold the edges down so that there are no sticky edges exposed on any side. Tape this strap to your purse. Attach it to the bottom as well as the inside of the bag to make it strong.
There are different ways in which you can customize your purse. A little bit of imagination and creativity is all that is required to make it even more stylish. You could do this by using a combination of colored duct tapes, or by making different patterns using the tape.
A woven style is one of the patterns that is easy to go about and makes your purse look attractive and stylish. A crisscross pattern can also get you a lot of compliments. You could also make flowers or bows using a colored tape and attach them to your purse. Make different-colored flowers and bows so that you can change them to match your outfit.
This was all about duct tape purse designs and patterns. This tape is available easily in the market and is not very expensive. So, what are you waiting for? Gather all the materials and apply your creativity to work!