Fantastic stuff can be made from duct tape. These tapes have taken the field of art and craft by storm and there seems to be no stopping it. In fact, tape crafts such as wallets, neckties, hats and belts can actually be worn! Here are some cool ideas that can be tried by beginners for making things out of duct tape.
Duct Tape Wallet:
- Choose a tape of any color. Cut 4 strips of tape, each being 7 inches in length and stick each along the side of the other.
- Now, repeat the same procedure to cover the sticky side with a smooth surfaced tape.
- Cut off the uneven sides.
- Cut a strip into half and use it for covering the edges, for a smooth finish. Now, the main body of the wallet ready.
- The next step is to make the credit card pockets. Take a 14 inch long strip and stick it with another 14 inch tape so that it makes a strong pocket.
- Now, measure the length of a credit card and accordingly cut the tape into 4 strips each.
- Place them on the insides of the wallet and then stick all the 4 pockets with a tape from the center.
- You will also need to stick the edges of the sides of the wallet. Therefore, rip a strip into half and stick each side of the wallet so that the tape covers the edges of the pockets.
- Now, fold the wallet evenly and your duct tape wallet is ready! You may make colorful designs on the wallet using additional tapes.
- You will need to either buy rubber soles that are the exact size of your feet or you can instead cut a piece of strong cardboard.
- Now, all you need to do is to cover the upper surface of the flip-flops with several strips of tape until its complete.
- Make 2 small holes at the top center of the sole, where you'd like to place the straps of the flip-flops.
- For the flip-flop straps, use one long strip of a colored tape.
- Keep the sticky side up and stick both the open sides towards the center of the strip. This way, you won't need to seal the edges and manage to make a long even strap.
- Take the strap and pass it through the holes below the flip-flop soles. Two open ends of the strap should be facing forwards.
- Thereafter, cover the undersurface with a fresh layer of tape.
- Take the open ends of the strap and measure them according to your feet and see where the ends much reach so as to be worn comfortably.
- Seal the open ends of the flip-flop strap from underneath the flops with tape.
Your flip fops are ready to wear!
- Take a strip of duct tape of any color. Measure your waist size and cut the tape accordingly.
- Take another strip of the same color and length.
- Now, stick the two so that the sticky sides stick to one another, in a way that both strips have a bit of sticky sides free on the sides.
- Now, stick the free sticky sides along the belt to make the main body of the belt.
- Cut the ends of the belt to remove the uneven sides.
- Now, take any metal or plastic buckle from an old belt that is no longer in use.
- You can decorate your belt in any way you wish. Use different colored tapes for this.
- Cut 2 inch tapes, to make a 'T' shaped sticker. Repeat this as you will need two T stickers to stick the buckle on to the edge of your belt.
- Once the buckle is stuck , cover the area below it with a tape.
- Make holes at the end of the belt with a grommet puncher, available at a crafts store.
- To make a holder for the belt, cut a 4 inch tape.
- Fold it into half; place it below the buckle. Stick the open ends of the strip from underneath the belt using tape. Your duct tape belt is ready to be worn!
Creative Things That Can be Made Using Duct Tape:
- Dresses, skirts
- Carry bags, folders
- Shoes and boots
- Book covers