Here is a piece of information for art and craft lovers. Learn how to decorate your home with different colors of origami lily.
There are hundreds of varieties of lilies in the world, and they are a favorite among most people. Lily lovers, this information is for you. Learn to make different types of origami lilies, use them as decorative pieces around the house, and make it look beautiful.
Origami is the traditional art of paper folding, which started in Japan in the mid 1900s, and has evolved into a modern art form. This art is used to transform a plain sheet of paper into a beautiful, finished creation which can be used as an art decor.
Cutting with scissors and sticking with glue is not considered to be a part of origami. After understanding what origami really is, you would surely want to learn origami. This information tells you how to make different types of origami lily.
How to Make an Origami Water Lily
1. Use a paper which is a true square. Normal plain paper can also be used. Lined notebook paper should be avoided because of its light weight.
2. Work on a plain and a hard surface so that all the folds are accurate.
3. Make sure the surface is flat so that the edges can face all directions. The plain side of the paper should be facing you and the colored side should be down, if the paper is two-sided.
4. Fold the paper in half from top to bottom. Crease and then unfold. Fold the paper from left to right, crease, and unfold. You now have a paper that has been divided in crease lines into four quadrants.
5. Take the upper left point of the squared paper to its center. Use the crossing of the bended or creased lines made in steps 3 and 4 as a reference. Crease, leave folded, and repeat for the remaining three points.
6. Take the upper left point of the craft down to its center. Bend and leave the paper folded. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining three points. Turn the paper over.
7. Repeat the above step.
8. Lift up the upper left corner of the model and push it down so that it is turned inside out. The left corner located on the back will come to the front.
9. Once the corner has been reversed, fold the edges of the flap backward to form a petal shape, repeat this step for the remaining three corners.
10. Bring the remaining triangular flaps in front of the paper. Your water lily is complete.
You will recognize the water lily at a restaurant or at a banquet on a table in a napkin fold.
How to Make an Origami Lily
Origami lily or iris, as it is popularly known, is a marvelous design. It does take a long time to make, but the end result is worth it. Try to make it with colored or patterned paper so that it looks attractive.
1. Place the paper on a hard surface with the colored side up.
2. Fold the paper in half.
3. Unfold the paper and refold it in half diagonally.
4. Unfold the paper and again fold it diagonally from the other side.
5. Unfold and fold the paper in half, opposite from the way we did it in step 2. Unfold again.
6. Fold the paper in half, diagonally once again.
7. Fold the top point down and turn the paper over.
8. Fold the flaps into the middle and repeat the same for the other side.
9. The top parts of the flaps should be folded out on both the sides.
10. Fold the pointed part of the bottom upside. Then fold back down. Do this on both the sides.
11. Fold half of the flaps back on both the sides. Fold the bottom two flaps to the middle on both sides.
12. Fold all the flaps down half way. Your task of making an origami lily is accomplished.
How to Make an Origami Lily Stem
1. Start with an origami paper or a plain paper with the colored side up. Fold one diagonal, crease well, and unfold.
2. Flip the paper over.
3. Fold the right and left sides to meet the crease in the center.
4. From the top, fold both right and left sides so that the crease meets in the center.
5. Rotate the paper 90 degrees in the clockwise direction.
6. Crease along the middle of the 4 folds.
7. Once you have made those creases, bring the right side of the paper up, and fold the paper in half at the same time.
8. Make two stems by repeating these steps.
9. Now tape them together; place one of the folded papers between the others and tape them. Attach your origami lily on the stem. You probably would have to cut the tip of the lily so that it fits on the stem.
10. Your origami lily with its stem is ready to be used as a decorative piece in your house.
Try making all these wonderful flower creations and do share your experiences with your friends.