Having various craft ideas for kids can be very useful for their growth. With the use of preschool craft activities, the children can have a strong foundation, develop their analytical skills, and enhance their creativity as well. Such easy craft ideas can be used within the classroom and at home as well. Teachers and parents need to incorporate these into the lives of children to help them gain a sense of accomplishment when they finish a task. Besides, such craft ideas also help them socialize within a group.
Craft Ideas for Preschool
What You Will Need
- Plastic Tubes
- Cellophane Paper
- Pipe Cleaners (2)
- Cardboard (Use any old cereal box)
- Brown or Textured Paper
Here's how to make a simple binocular at home! This activity will need you to interact with your child and help him/her to go about the task in a right way.
- Pick any 2 simple tubes and let your child glue them together, or you can tape it together as well.
- The child should be able to look through these tubes and use it as a pair of binoculars.
- Use colored cellophane paper and attach this to one of the ends of the tubes.
- This will give the child the impression of having colored glasses at the ends.
- You can have you child color some forms on paper with some crayons.
- Cut these out and stick them on the tubes. Your child's binoculars are ready!
Make a butterfly mask with these simple easy steps.
- Firstly, you will need to draw the butterfly, which should be large enough to cover the face of the child.
- You can allow the child to decorate the mask as he/she pleases.
- You can also guide the kids with it if you have a creative hand!
- Glue this decorated mask to the cardboard piece.
- Cut out the shape of the butterfly once done.
- Punch some holes in the side of the mask.
- Pass the pipe cleaners through the holes. This will make a strap to hold the mask on the child's face.
This is one of the easiest preschool craft ideas, which would require minimum items and allow maximum creativity. All you will require are some paints and pieces of sponge.
- Mix around 2 to 3 shades for your child in a palette and show the kid how to dip the piece of sponge in this and create patterns.
- Of course, your child may not actually be able to create any recognizable shape, but it will definitely keep him/her engrossed and develop the skills as he/she grows up.
- A word of warning though, the kid may end up painting his/her own clothes as well!
You can make animal headbands with these easy and simple steps!
- Make the child place his/her own hands on some brown paper. You can even use textured paper.
- What you will need to do is trace around the fingers and cut out the pattern.
- You can even get your child to paint this in various ways. The patterns will closely resemble antlers once cut. You can glue this to any existing headband.
- Tape some small twigs to these 'antlers' as well!
- Experiment with different shapes. You can even make animal ears for your kids. Cut out the shapes of ears of dogs, cats, or even a bunny rabbit.
- Have your child glue this to the headband.
Preschool craft ideas can be fun and there is no limitation as far as using your imagination is concerned. With your personal interaction in these activities, you can have a great time with your child and secure a stronger bond as well!