Those who are into crafts, know that paper is the best medium to work with. It is versatile, and can be transformed into different products. Among the most popular things to make using paper are greeting cards.
Easy Paper Crafts:
- Firstly, select a picture such as a boat and sketch it out on the back of a paper plate.
- Check for the colors of the picture, as you will need those colored papers. Ensure you have at least three different shades of paper for each color.
- Cut the paper into strips and further into small squares. Randomly cut squares suit more to the mosaic pattern. You will also need few triangles for the corners.
- Combine equal parts of white glue and water and lightly brush the plate with it.
- Fill up the picture using little squares. Apply another coat of the mixture to seal the picture and let it dry.
- Draw a snowflake template. You need to draw three lines, all about 5 inches long, and they should intersect at their respective midpoints. On the ends of each line, draw an arrow, followed by a 'V', followed by a '-' at the base of the 'v', like an underline.
- Once your template is ready, place it face-up on the cookie sheet, and keep a waxed paper over it.
- Use fabric paints to trace the snowflake design on this paper. The paint should be in the form of a thick line; all the lines must be connected.
- Let it dry for 24 hours, and the next day, carefully peel it from the waxed paper, and stick it outside a glass window.
- Take four to five sheets of multicolored tissue paper, and place them in a pile. Now, crop them into 8 inch squares.
- Holding one set of sheets at an end, fold them into an accordion pattern, till you are left with a thin rectangle.
- Snip a small v-shaped notch on both sides at the center of the rectangle. Twist the end of the pipe cleaner around the notch.
- To create the flower, slowly ease up one layer of tissue into the center. Do the same with the remaining layers, one at a time.
- Now that you've done one side of the flower, use the same technique to do the other. Once you are finished, fluff the layer for it to take on the appearance of a carnation.